SEMIOTIC ANALYSIS ON NON-VERBAL LANGUAGE IN GADGET DIGITAL ADVERTISEMENT
Objective. The purpose of non-verbal communication in a digital advertisement is to complete the informational delivery in the commercial itself. The utilization of certain circumstances in an advertisement cannot be isolated from the meaning of non-verbal language. With the help of semiotic analysis, this study seeks to explain the significance of non-verbal cues in two social media-sourced commercials for smartphones.
Materials and Methods. This study's design employs a qualitative method for gathering data from research participants in the form of visual media from digital social media advertising for marketing tools. The study's objects are nonverbal behaviors like as facial expressions, gestures, body language, movement, touch, and look that can be seen in digital commercials. The purpose of non-verbal communication in a digital advertisement is to complete the informational delivery in the commercial itself. The utilization of certain circumstances in an advertisement cannot be isolated from the meaning of non-verbal language. With the help of semiotic analysis, this study seeks to explain the significance of non-verbal cues in two social media-sourced commercials for smartphones.
Results. Semiotic rules can be used to interpret nonverbal language, but this interpretation needs to be backed by verbal language or other pertinent data.
Conclusion. Semiotic meaning can be used to interpret how nonverbal communication is used in advertising. However, this needs to be backed up with more pertinent information and either spoken or visually explained in great detail.
Agustia, Tri Sutrisna. 2018. Prosiding dari Language in the Online and Offline World (LOOW) 6 di UK Petra Surabaya. Non-Verbal Communication In Coca Cola Advertisement Semiotic Analysis.
Agustia, Tri Sutrisna. 2020. Prosiding dari Seminar Ilmiah Nasional Teknologi, Sains, dan Sosial Humaniora (SINTESA). Analisis Semiotik Iklan Promosi Perhotelan Di Kabupaten Badung.
Amir Pialang ,Yasraf, 2012. Semiotika dan Hipersemiotika, Bandung. Matahari
Campbell, Colin, Leyland F. Pitt, Michael Parent, and Pierre R. Berthon. 2011. “Understanding Consumer Conversations around Ads in a Web 2.0 World.” Journal of Advertising 40:87-102.
Casaló, Luis V., Flavián Carlos, and Miguel Guinalíu. 2008. “Promoting Consumer’s Participation in Virtual Brand Communities: A New Paradigm in Branding Strategy.” Journal of Marketing Communications 14: 19-36.
Chi, Hsu-Hsien. 2011. “Interactive Digital Advertising VS. Virtual Brand Community: Exploratory Study of User Motivation and Social Media Marketing Responses in Taiwan.” Journal of Interactive Advertising 12: 44-61.
Deddy Mulyana, 2005, Ilmu Komunikasi: Suatu Pengantar, Bandung. Remaja
Fiske, John, 2004, Cultural and Communication Studies, Bandung. Jalasutra,
Pierce, Charles Sanders, 2002. Philosophical Writing of Pierce; Edited by Justus Buchler. New York. Dover Publication.
Sobur, Alex, 2009. Analisis Teks Media, Bandung. Remaja Rosdakarya
__________. 2009. Semiotika Komunikasi, . Bandung .PT. Remaja Rosdakarya
Copyright (c) 2022 Km Tri Sutrisna Agustia
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
2. The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
4. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
5. The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License